Hey Jeary here. Do you remember in school learning about card catalogs, and cassette tapes? I do. I was on the internet and saw a head liner that said, “100 Disappearing Things“. I thought I would look and I just thought it was crazy how all of these things would be something my children (when I have some) would ever know about. I think I will name 20 of them so you can know a few. To see more then just click on the link above.
1.Inserting a VHS tape into a VCR to watch a movie or to record something.
2. Vinyl records. Even today’s DJs are going laptop or CD.
3. Standard-definition, CRT TVs filling up half your living room.
4. 3-D movies meaning red-and-green glasses.
Computers and Videogaming
5. Recording a song in a studio.
6. Turning a PlayStation on its end to try and get a game to load.
7. 5- and 3-inch floppies, Zip Discs and countless other forms of data storage.
8. Wondering if you can afford to buy a RAM upgrade.
9. Finding out information from an encyclopedia.
10. Using a road atlas to get from A to B.
11. Phone books and Yellow Pages.
12. The time before PC networks.
13. Sending that film away to be processed.
15. Answering machines.
16. Pay phones.
17. A physical dictionary — either for spelling or definitions.
18.Writing a check.
20. Libraries as a place to get books rather than a place to use the internet.
Do you see all of this. Can you imagine your child never knowing what these were. I can’t if you were to ask me. Keep the views coming to my site also. If you want a shirt you can go to this link and find some shirts to buy.